FRENCH ENDURO CHAMPIONSHIP WRAPPED UP
The 2014 French Enduro Championship concluded with the final round of the series in Ambert…
As expected Christophe Nambotin remained the rider to beat in Enduro 1. Wrapping things up on Saturday to clinch the title, Nambotin also secured the final victory of the season on Sunday. Behind him though and things were far from settled in the battle for the runner-up result. Marc Bourgeois and Loic Larrieu were separated by just seven points. Chasing Larrieu home for fourth, the Bourgeois rider took second overall.
– 1 / Christophe Nambotin – 192 Pts
– 2 / Marc Bourgeois – 151 Pts
– 3 / Loïc Larrieu – 146 Pts
It’s been another season of dominance for Pela Renet in Enduro 2. The Frenchman carded his second straight perfect season in E2 to remain unbeaten and with it claim the title. Capping off a solid year, Romain Dumontier placed second to cement his position as runner-up while Xavier De Soultrait completed the top three.
– 1 / Pierre-Alexandre Renet – 200 Pts
– 2 / Romain Dumontier – 162 Pts
– 3 / Xavier De Soultrait – 93 Pts
With the absence of Jeremy Joly due to injury, Antoine Basset clinched the Enduro 3 championship ahead of Manu Albepart. The unfortunate Joly who sustained a neck injury at the EWC finale still had enough points in the bag to take third.
– 1 / Antoine Basset – 169 Pts
– 2 / Manu Albepart – 153 Pts
– 3 / Jeremy Joly – 151 Pts